SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) FOR MEN & WOMEN (INCLUDING WARDS OF BATTLE CASUALTIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL)
Every year Indian Army notifies vacancies for NCC C certificate holders to join Indian Army as short service commissioned officers. Applications are invited from UNMARRIED/MARRIED male and UNMARRIED female candidates and also from the Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC special entry scheme 44th course Oct 2018.
(a) NCC Men – 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
(b) NCC Women – 05 (04 for women general category and 01 for wards of battle casualties of Army personnel only).
- Nationality- A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal
Age Limit- For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 July 2018 (born not earlier than 02 July 1993 and not later than 01 July 1999, both dates inclusive)
Note:- The date of birth accepted by this office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification-
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if recommended, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
- Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel. (i) Educational Qualification. Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. (ii) NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
- HOW TO APPLY-
- For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders Only-
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in“
- Open the website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
- Click on Officers Entry ‘Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process the application. A page ‘Officers Selection-Eligibility’ will open.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process the application. A page ‘Officers Selection-Eligibility’ will open
- Your Registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply. Click on ‘Apply’ and a page ‘Application Form’ will open. Proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions. Read onscreen instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details under various segments- personal information, communication details, Education details and Details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you proceed to the next segment.
- After filling details of last segment you will move to a page ‘Summary of Information’, wherein you can check & edit entries you have made so far. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details click on ‘Submit’. After submitting click on ‘PDF’ and take out two copies of the application form having the Roll Number and other details generated by the system.
(b) For wards of battle casualty-
- Apply manually as per the format of Application Form available on Official website of RtgDte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in (Downloads). Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their completed applications direct to Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-A, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 alongwith all documents
- In addition to above, for wards of battle casualties the following documents are also to be attached along with the application form as under:-
- (aa) A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/wounded / reported missing in action, issued by MP Dte/Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as “Battle Casualty” in case of serving/medically boarded out pers. 3 (ab) Relationship Certificate issued by Respective Regimental Records / MP Dte. (v) The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available to wards (sons and daughters including legally adopted) of battle casualties specified as:- (aa) Killed in action. (ab) Died of wound or injuries (Other than self-inflicted) (ac) Wounded or Injured (Other than self-inflicted). (ad) Missing.
- Selection Procedure: SSB Interview in the month of May/June/July
- Last date to apply online-
- For NCC C Certificate holders- 8th February 2018
- For Wards of battle casualty- 15th February 2018
Click here for official notification- Click On Link
Click here to apply online- Click On Link
For more information visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-9696330033