Indian Air Force plays very important role in the security of the country. It comprises of various branches as per the requirement. IAF releases notification for all these branches throughout the year for candidates of various educational background. In this blog we will discuss about all the entries which a candidate can apply after graduation.
AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TES (AFCAT)
Every Year Indian Air Force Invites Enterprising & Adventurous Indian Citizens (Men And Women) To Join The Indian Air Force As Commissioned Officers In Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) And Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches.
|FLYING||Graduation passed in any stream with 60% & 12th passed with 60% marks each in Physics & Maths|
|GROUND DUTY TECHNICAL||Engineering degree passed with 60 %|
|GROUND DUTY NON TECHNICAL||Administration||Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks|
|Logistics||Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks|
|Accounts||B. Com. Degree with a minimum of 60% marks
|Education||MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate all papers put together in Post-Graduation (Minimum two years programme) and 60% marks in graduation.|
Note-Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses provided they fulfil the following conditions:-
(a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of AFSB.
AGE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS
|FLYING||20 to 24 years||
|GROUND DUTY-TECHNICAL/NON TECHNICAL||20 to 26 years|
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course.
- Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are ineligible.
TYPE OF COMMISSION
- Permanent Commission for Men-Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
- Short Service Commission for Men & Women.
(a) The engagement period for SSC Flying Branch is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
(b) The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech) and Ground Duty (Non-Tech) Branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, suitability, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
|FLYING||(a) Height: 162.5 cms, Leg Length: Min – 99 cms, Max -120 cms. Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms, Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms.
(b) Weight: Proportionate to the height and age. (c) Applicable for Men & Women both.
|GROUND DUTY-TECHNICAL/NON TECHNICAL||(a)Height: The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. For women candidates minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. (For Gorkhas and individual belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height will be by 2 cms less. Applicable to men and women). (b) Weight: Proportionate to the height and age.
How to Apply-Apply online on https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in
- Serving Airmen are required to apply online at par with other candidates. In addition, Airmen candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given through service channel.
- Other government employees also need to apply online after obtaining necessary permission from their concerned departments and they are to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of AFSB testing.
Fees– Candidates registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee.
- For the first time, online testing will be conducted for AFCAT entry in various AFCAT centers
- SSB Interview by Air Force Selection Board (AFSB)
Paper-1 (Only For Flying & Ground Duty Branch)
|Paper||Maths, Gk, English, Reasoning||100||300||2 Hours|
Paper-2 (Only For Technical Branch)
|Engineering Knowledge Test (Ekt)||Engineering Subjects||50||150||45 min|
- SSB Interview by Air Force Selection Board(AFSB) at Varanasi/Mysore/Dehradun/Gandhinagar
Change of Interview Dates-
- Request for change of AFSB interview date should be avoided. However, as an exception, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case.
- Request for such change should be forwarded to the respective AFSB from where the call letter was issued. The AFSB may consider change of date at their discretion. Email ID and telephone numbers of AFSB centres / contact details of AFSBs are available under the link of contact us at Indian Air Force website careerairforce.nic.in.
- Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB.
- Non-reporting of candidates on allotted date for medicals could lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training if the candidates qualifies in the final merit list, depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches/ sub branches.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches. This is not to be confused with NCC special entry scheme. Advertisement for NCC special entry scheme for Flying Branch will be published separately.
|Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches||74 weeks||Air Force Academy
(AFA) Dundigal, Hyderabad
|Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches||52 weeks|
- Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of Jan 2019 for all courses.
- After admission to the Air Force Academy, candidates will not be considered for any other commission. They will also not be permitted to appear for any interview or examination after they have been finally selected for training in the Air Force Academy.
IAF OFFERS YOU-
- Pay (As per 7 CPC).
(a) Flying Branch:- 85,372/-
(b) Ground Duty (Tech) Branch:-74,872/-
(c) Ground Duty (Non-tech) Branch:- 71,872/-
NOTE– Flight cadets shall receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month for the period of training.
- Allowances-In addition to pay, allowances are applicable based on nature of duty/ place of posting and includes Flying, Technical, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Special Force, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Area and Remote Locality Allowance.
- Privileges-Air Force Officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen, Officers’ Mess facilities, loans at subsidized rates, LTC(Leave Travel Concession) and leave (60 days annual and 20 days casual) subject to service exigencies.
- Insurance-75 Lakhs Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of Rs.10 Lakhs (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
- Sports and Adventure-Indian Air Force provides state of the art facilities to play various sports. In addition to sports, officers have an opportunity to participate in various adventure sports such as sky diving, micro light flying, mountaineering, water rafting etc.
Candidates may contact AFCAT cell on Toll free no. 1800-11-2448 or Phone number 022-25503105 or 022-25503106 to resolve any query regarding registration and submission of online application procedure. Query timings are 0930 to 1700 hours on all working days. E-mail queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.
Read official notification- https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in
NCC SPECIAL ENTRY
Age Limit- 20 to 24 years
- Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and Graduate with minimum three year degree course in any discipline with minimum 60% marks.
- or minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) with a minimum of 60% marks
NCC Certificate- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 06 Aug 15 is mandatory
Selection procedure-SSB Interview
How to apply– Apply online on www.careerairforce.nic.in
Training– 1.5 Years at Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
Age Limit- 20 to 26 years
- Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in both.
Selection procedure-SSB Interview
How to apply– Apply online on www.careerairforce.nic.in
Training– 1 Years at Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
These above rec recruitment provides golden opportunity to the youths to opt IAF as a career. For latest updates and more information stay connected to official website i.e. www.careerairforce.nic.in or you can also visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com.