SSC Non Tech, Law Graduates, Men & Women Batch April 2019
Apply from 19 July to 16 August 2018
Indian Army has invited applications from Law Graduates Unmarried Male and Female for Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch. The course will commence in April 2019 at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Nationality: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962
21 to 27 years as on 1st Jan 2019 that is born between 2nd Jan 1992 and 1st Jan 1998 (Both dates Inclusive)
Educational Qualification and Other Criteria:
Minimum 55 % aggregate marks in LLB degree
Men – 07, Women – 07
Note1: Candidates can apply only for one vacancy (Like NCC, SSC and CDS)
Note2: Widows can apply only for SSCW Tech & Non Tech (no other channel)
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Tenure of Engagement: 10 Years extendable by 4 years subject to their performance.
- Period of Probation: 6 Months after commissioning
- Ante Date Seniority: No Ante Date Seniority will be granted.
- Termination of commission:
|Failure to qualify any prescribed test or Course|
|If Services not required|
|Voluntary resignation with 3 months notice period.|
49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure
- Promotion Criteria
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 years|
On Selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions
|Lt General /HAG Scale|
|HAG + Scale|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
|Rank||Level||Pay in Rupees|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07, 200|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lt General /HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
There are several other allowances like Military Service Pay, Field Area Allowance, Dearness Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, Transport Allowance, Uniform Allowance, Free ration, Children Education Allowance etc.
Army Group Insurance Fund
The Gentleman and Lady cadets of OTA when in receipt of Stipend are insured for Rs 75 Lakhs. In case of disability cadets will get:
|Disability Percentage||Cover Amount|
|Less than 20||NIL (Ex Gratia Grant 50,000)|
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted only online on joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on Officers Entry Apply/Login and then click Registration
- Fill details and after getting registered click on Apply Online.
- In Each page that follows, keep filling your information and keep clicking on save and continue
- On the last page which is named Summary of Information, review your information and click on Submit.
- One can open application as many times as required and edit information.
- 30 Minutes after closure of Online Application, candidates are required to take 2 copies of the application form
Documents to be carried, to the selection Center
- One copy of Application form duly signed and self attested, photograph affixed.
- Copy of Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of LLB Degree/Provisional Degree
- Copy oa all years Mark Sheets
- Copy of registration with Bar council of India or certificate from college that the course from teh said institute is recognised by bar council of India.
- Army reserves the right to set and change cut off.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified Via Email.
- Candidates can login and select SSB center and dates on first come first serve basis.
- SSB interview is a 5 day process conducted in two phases. Only Candidates who clear the first phase will be allowed to appear in the 2nd
- Candidates who clear the 2nd phase will go through medical examination.
- Candidates who are found fit will be issued a joining letter, based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies.
- Height and weight
- Males: 157.5 cms with correlated weight.
- Females: 152 cms and 42 Kgs
- There is concession on height to some geographical areas (check official website for the details)
- Permanent body tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. BUT, right to decide on acceptability/ unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the Selection Centre.
- Candidates are required to meet the following:
|Running 2.4 Kms in 15 Minutes|
|13 push ups|
|25 sit ups|
|6 chin ups|
|3 to 4 meters rope climbing|
- Bring all the documents in original as well. Original will be returned after verification and copies will be submitted.
- Candidates who don’t bring the originals in SSB, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must apply online only once. Multiple applications by the same candidates will cause all the applications getting rejected.
- Candidates expelled earlier from IMA, OTA, NA, IFA, won’t be entertained at all.
- Candidates must bring their Adhar Card.
- Request to change the SSB date or center will not be entertained.