DATE OF OPENING – 25 AUG 2018
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 14 SEP 2018
Indian Navy invites unmarried eligible male & female candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Pilot/Observer/ATC entry of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jun 2019 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfil condition of Nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
|ATC||Born between 02 Jul 1994 and 01 Jul 1998; both dates inclusive.|
|Observer||Born between 02 Jul 1995 and 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive.|
|Pilot (MR)||Born between 02 Jul 1995 and 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive.|
|Pilot (other than MR)||Born between 02 Jul 1995 and 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive.|
- Both the genders can apply for the above mentioned entries except Pilot (other than MR), only male candidates can apply for this post.
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders having valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India) and born between 02 Jul 1994 and 01 Jul 2000 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Pilot entry.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND OTHER CRITERIA
Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from a AICTE recognised university / educational institute with at least 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular / integrated course respectively. In addition, for ATC entry the candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class XII.
The candidates will, however, be required to pass final examination BE/B.Tech / Integrated Course with minimum 60% marks. The candidates failing to meet minimum %age in BE/B.Tech Degree / Integrated Course will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
|Pilot (MR)||03 (maximum of 02 vacancies for female subjects to they being in merit list of SB|
|Pilot (other than MR)||05|
- Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre should mention their preference in the application.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate branch/cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch/cadre.
- Once shortlisted for a branch/cadre, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch/cadre.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 25 Aug 18 to 14 Sep 18.
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) (marksheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular & integrated course respectively, date of birth proof as per 10th or 12th, CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech/Integrated Course and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original in JPG/FITT format for attaching the same while filling up the application. If any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
- Print one copy of online application form. Candidates will carry application form and original certificates/documents while appearing for SSB interview.
The candidate can apply if meeting the following medical standards (with correlated weight as per height and age):-
|Branch||Eye Sight||Height and Weight|
|Pilot/Observer||Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9. Correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour blind/ night blind.
|162.5 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.|
|ATC||Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9. Correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour blind/ night blind.
|Male – 157 cms. Female – 152 cms with correlated weight as per height.|
Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant rules.
- There will be no relaxation in Medical Standards.
PROMOTIONS & PAY SCALE
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses & medical conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria as per 7th CPC is as follows:-
|Rank||PAY AS PER DEFENCE MATRIX||Level||MSP|
|Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
Navy provides Free Medical and Canteen Facilities for Self & Dependents, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
GROUP INSURANCE & GRATUITY
A basic Insurance cover of Rs. One crore (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to an officer as per the extant rules in force.
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the extant Training policy in force. They are also entitled to Leave Travel Concession (LTC) and 40% rail concession to any place (as per extant rules) for self and dependents.
SPORTS & ADVENTURE
The Navy provides facilities to play various sports. One can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
Short Service Commission is granted initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years) subject to service requirements, vacancies, medical fitness, performance and willingness of candidates.
NOTE: Officers inducted under these schemes will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for Permanent Commission.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for information on duties of officers for respective branches/cadre.
- Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Nov 18 to Mar 19 at Bangalore for pilot & observer candidates and at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam/Kolkata for ATC candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidate in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Inter-view. Successful candidates will undergo medical examination (approx. 3-5 days). Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination. Candidates of Observer entry are also required to undergo Aviation medical examination.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT (for Pilot Entry) and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on merit list and vacancies available.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained to a candidate during SSB tests.
- Return First Class (AC III Tier/AC Chair Car) rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of railway ticket. Candidates are to carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lt.The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in end Jun 2019 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst under training.
Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force/Naval Establishment. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
Observer candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval orientation course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala, Kerala. On completion of NOC the candidates will undergo SLT(X) Tech course followed by ab-initio training at Observer School. On successful completion of training at Observer School, the candidates will be awarded Observer wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at Air Force Academy and at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training. A candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay and allowances drawn by him/her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
- Candidates will be on probation for a period of two years which will commence from the grant of the rank of Sub Lt and will terminate after two years or on completion of their initial training (whichever is later). During probation they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory on professional/ medical/disciplinary grounds.
- If an officer voluntarily withdraws from initial/ professional training, or resigns during the probationary period, he/she shall be required to refund the cost of training in whole or in part, as may be determined by the Govt. and all money received by him/her as pay and allowances from the Govt. together with the interest on the said money calculated at the rate enforced for Govt. loans.
- Candidates who fail to qualify the flying training (Pilots / Observers) will not be retained in service.
This is a golden opportunity for students who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from AICTE recognised university / educational institute as they get to appear in SSB without having to compete in written exam with millions of students. Candidates can start preparing for SSB with our SSB books, visit- www.mkcpublication.in
For admissions to our SSB course which covers Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PPDT) will, Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview, visit us at our website www.majorkalshiclasses.comor call our Helpline Number 9696220022 or 9696330033.