Indian Navy invited applications from unmarried eligible Male/female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (Logistics & Law Cadres) and from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) for Information Technology and Permanent Commission (PC) in Education Branch in the Indian Navy for course commencing in July 2018.
Candidates who are looking forward to join the Indian Navy can apply for the latest notification posted by Indian Navy for the recruitment of Logistics and Law cadres and PC in Education branch. For that candidate have to fulfill the eligibility criterion laid down by Government of India.
|S.No||Branch/cadre||Born between(both date inclusive)||Type of commission||Gender|
|1.||Education||02 Jul 1993 – 01 Jul 1997||PC||Male|
|2.||Logistic||02 Jul 1993 – 01 Jul 1999||SC||Male & female|
|3.||Law||02 Jul 1993 – 01 Jul 1996||SC||Male & female|
|4.||IT||02 Jul 1993 – 01 Jul 1999||SC||Male|
|S.No||Branch/ Cadre||Educational Qualification and vacancy||Minimum Percentage|
|1.||Education||(i) M.Sc. (Physics/Nuclear Physics) with
Maths in B.Sc. (vacancy 04)
(ii) M.Sc. (Maths/Operational Research) with
Physics in B.Sc. (vacancy 04)
(iii) M.A. (English) (vacancy 02)
(iv) M.A. (History) (vacancy 02)
(v) BE / B.Tech (Electronics & Communication
/ Electrical & Electronics / Electronics &
Instrumentation / Electronics &
Telecommunications / Electrical Engineering) (vacancy 05)
(vi) BE / B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) (vacancy 03)
|60% for all|
|2.||logistic||(i) BE/B.Tech in any discipline/ B. Architecture
with First Class or
(ii) MBA with First Class or
(iii) B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc.(IT) with first class and
a PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics / Supply
Chain Management / Material Management or
(iv) MCA / M.Sc (IT)
|Total 6 vacancy
60% for all
|3.||Law||Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an Advocate under ‘Advocates Act 1961’||Total 02 vacancy
55% for all
|4.||IT||(i) BE/B.Tech (Computer Science / Computer
Engg/ IT) (ii) M.Sc (Computer / IT) (iii) B.Sc (IT)
(iv) M.Tech (Computer Science) (v) BCA/MCA
|Total 15 vacancy
60% for all
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B. Tech without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Dec 17 to Mar 18. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form.
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of two Stages – Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per All India Merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
Training- Selected candidates will be inducted as officer in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Their training is scheduled to commence in end Jun 18 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at Indian Naval Academy followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/ Units/Ships.
How to Apply–
Visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
(a) Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
(b) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
(c) All relevant documents (preferably in original) (mark-sheets as per education qualification, Date of Birth proof as per 10th or 12th, CGPA Conversion formula for BE/B.Tech) and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in JPG/FIIT format for attaching the same while filling up the application. If any scanned document is not legible / readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
(d) Print one copy of online application form. Candidates will carry application form and original certificates/ documents while appearing for SSB Interview.
- It is mandatory that candidates should have completed their degree on the date of filling the application.
- Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre should mention their preference in order of priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for first preference you may be considered for alternate branch/cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch/cadre.
- Once shortlisted for a branch/cadre subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, Medicals & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch/cadre only.
- Candidates applying for the Education entry must have scored minimum of 60% marks in class X and class XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class X or class XII.
- Candidates applying for Law entry should be from a college /university recognised by Bar Council of India.
- No other educational qualification would be considered valid other than mentioned.
How to prepare for SSB
- As there will be no written examination for this entry, since selection criterion will be based on SSB procedure.
- From very day you get call for SSB start preparing for that, prefer book How to crack SSB click here to purchase book.
- Click here to visit Major Kalshi classes Pvt. Ltd. publication file mkcpublication.in
- You can join 14 days class room course for SSB interview. Enroll yourself now @ 1800-313-2004.
- For more details and queries stay in touch with us. Read more blogs related with defence blog.majorkalshiclasses.com