INVITATION TO JOIN FOR SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS IN EXECUTIVE BRANCH/ TECHINCAL BRANCH & NAVAL ARMAMENT INSPECTORATE CADRE SCHEME
DATE OF OPENING – 04 AUG 18
LAST DATE TO APPLY: 24 AUG 2018
Indian Navy has invited applications from unmarried male and female students that graduates in the Final Year of Engineering for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Technical Branch (Naval Architecture) & Executive Branch [Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)], for course commencing June 2019 and from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch viz. General Service/Hydro and Technical Branch (General Service) in the Indian Navy.
Born between 02 Jul 1994 to 01 Jan 2000 both dates inclusive.
Educational Qualification and Other Criteria:
Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the under mentioned disciplines from a AICTE recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
For Executive Branch entry scheme, the candidates must be only from the below streams:
|Branch||Stream in B.E./B.Tech||Gender||PC/SSC|
|Any Stream of BE/B.Tech.||Male||PC & SSC|
|Male / Female||SSC|
|Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Control System Engineering (vii) Power Electronics (viii) Avionics (ix) Electronics & Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control (xi) Instrumentation||Male||SSC|
|Naval Architecture||(i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture (vii) Ocean Engineering (viii) Marine Engineering (ix) Ship Technology (x) Ship Building (xi) Ship Design||Male/ Female||SSC|
The following to be noted:-
- Only one application to be filled by candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch should mention their preference in order of priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- Candidates with pending backlog will not be permitted to appear for SSB interview.
- Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre only.
- No equivalent stream of BE/ B.Tech other than SSB will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
How to Apply: –
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- The candidates are to apply from 04 Aug 18 to 24 Aug 18.
- Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- E-mail address and mobile number are mandatory fields.
- Scan the following documents before filling the form – Date of birth proof (10th & 12th certificate), 10th & 12th mark sheet and mark sheets till 5th /7th semester of regular BE/ B Tech and Integrated Course respectively, a recent passport size colour photograph.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original), marks sheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated courses respectively, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- Print 2 copies of this filled application form which has system generated application number. Carry one copy of application during Campus Interview. Another copy of application is to be carried along with original documents while appearing for SSB.
- Obtain signature of the Principal on the declaration given at the end of the application.
- Only one application form to be submitted by candidate. If candidate has submitted Duplicate Application, his /her candidature will be cancelled at any stage of Selection process.
- The candidate can apply if meeting the following medical standards (with correlated weight as per height and age):-
|Branch||Minimum Height||Eye Sight||Correctable with glasses|
|Executive (General Service/ Hydro)||157||6/12, 6/12||6/6 both eyes|
|Technical (General Services)||157||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|Executive (NAIC)||157||6/60, 6/60||6/6 , 6/12|
|Naval Architecture (NA)||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulation. There will be no relaxations.
- Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Candidates from the following regions are granted relaxation in height. In this regard domicile is to be mentioned:-
|Category||Min Height (in cms)|
|Gorkhas, Assamese, Garhwali, Kumaoni, Uttarakhand and Nepal||152 cm||147 cm|
|A & N Islands, Lakshadweep Minicoy (locals)||155 cm||150 cm|
|Bhutan, Sikkim & North East Region||152 cm||147 cm|
|Tribals from Ladhakh Region||155 cm||150 cm|
Promotions & Pay Scale:
Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:-
|Rank||PAY AS PER DEFENCE MATRIX||Level||MSP|
|Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
Free medical facilities, Leave Travel Concession (LTC), Rail concession and Canteen Facilities for self and dependents, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation as well as Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rates.
Group Insurance & Gratuity:
Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 75 lakhs for Executive (GS/Hydro/NAIC) and Tech (GS/NA) (on contribution) is applicable. Gratuity will be granted to the officers as per the latest rules in force.
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave every year.
Adventure & Sports:
The Navy provides facilities for various sports. In addition, one can also learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
- The eligible candidates will have to undergo Naval Campus Selection process. The Candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry.
- Candidates shortlisted during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam/Kolkata between Nov 18 to Mar 19. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail as provided by candidates in their application form.
The total duration of SSB interview is five days.
Stage I (day one) consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating(OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PPDT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day.
Stage II (four days) will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training based on All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB.
- Return First Class (AC III Tier/AC Chair Car) rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time. (Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.)
The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in Jun 2019 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Candidates finally selected for Officer of Tech (GS), NA & NAIC will be inducted as Officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course and Officer of Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments.
This is a golden opportunity for students that are graduates in the final year B.E/B.Tech or integrated degree course as you get to appear in SSB without having to compete in written exam with lakhs of students. You can start preparing for SSB with our SSB books. Visit www.mkcpublication.in
For admissions to our SSB course which covers Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PPDT) will, Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call
Helpline Number 9696220022 or 9696330033