Applications will be accepted from 15th to 29th OCT 2018
Indian Coast Guard has invited application from Indian male candidates for recruitment as Navik Domestic Branch in the Indian Coast Guard (Cook & Steward). This is a golden opportunity for 10th pass students who didn’t go for higher studies for different reasons to get a decently paying job. Applications will be accepted from 15th October.
- 10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate
(5 % relaxation in the minimum cut off for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position. This relaxation is also applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
18 to 22 years that is born between 01 April 1997 to 31 March 2001 (both dates inclusive. Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
- Cook: They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of the organisation.
- Steward: They would be required to serve food in the officer’s messes as waiters, housekeeping, maintenance and accounting of funds, wine and stores handling, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of the organisation.
Pay and Allowances:
On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay 21700/- (Pay Level-3). In addition, you will be paid Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
Promotion and Perquisites:
Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 47600/- with Dearness Allowance. Other benefits:
- Free ration and free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 15 to 29 Oct 2018 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are:-
- Select the advertisement for Navik (Domestic Branch)
- Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Fill all fields.
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit Button.
On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/ Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must keep this number to print the e-admit card. E-admit card can be downloaded from http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 8 to 15 Nov 2018. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a “Rejection slip giving the cause of rejection with the application number” will be displayed. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
The written test will be conducted at following recruitment centres:-
|Exam Centers||States -Candidates residing/Domicile|
|Mumbai||Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Kerala, Goa, Union Territory of Daman & Diu, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep|
|Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Union Territory of Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.|
|Kolkata||Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Orissa, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura.|
|Noida||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh.|
- Call up letters cum e-admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for the recruitment tests, which are scheduled during end of November 2018 would be available for download from joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The e-admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by 8 to 15 Nov 2018. No separate call up letters will be send through post.
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge) and Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Those who qualify written test will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify in the written test. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e. Sport Shoe, T Shirt, Trouser, socks etc. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
- The PFT will consist as under:-
|1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes|
|20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)|
|10 Push ups|
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests, depending upon the available vacancies and will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of March 2019.
List of Documents:
Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following Original documents. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.
- Three copies of pre-filled e-admit card.
- Original Mark sheet and passing certificates of 10th class.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, Aadhar card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Original caste certificate (if applicable). If OBC, the cert should not be more than 3 years old.
- Photo copies of all required documents self attested
- Ten recent colour passport size identical photographs with Blue background.
- Photographs shall not be older than one month.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors:
- Height: Minimum 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.