AN ASSISTANT COMMANDANT IN GENERAL DUTY (MALE ONLY), GENERAL DUTY (PILOT) (MALE ONLY) AND COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE (SSA) BRANCH (BOTH MALE AND FEMALE) FOR 01/2019 BATCH
The Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male/female candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant(Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer) and invites ‘online’ application.
Those candidates who find themselves fit can apply for this and be the part of prestigious Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant. Eligibility details with other important information is given below-
- Branch and Eligibility-Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
|A.||General Duty||(i) Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e, 1 st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable).
(ii)Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in mathematics and physics.(Candidates not in possession of Physics and Maths in 10+2(intermediate) or equivalent level are not eligible for General Duty (GD) and General Duty (Pilot).
|Male||01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 1998 (Both dates inclusive).|
|B.||General Duty (Pilot||Male||01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 2000 (Both dates inclusive).|
|C.||Commerc ial Pilot Entry (CPL)||Candidates holding current /valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued/ validated by Director General Of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Minimum educational qualification – 12th pass(Physics and math) with 60% marks in aggregate||Male and Female||01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 2000 (Both dates inclusive).|
|Short Service Appointment-Short Service Appointment as Assistant Commandant is for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.|
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ’C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
- Additional Eligibility Criteria-
- The candidates failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System/PABT or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
- How to Apply-
- Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 19 May to 01 Jun 2018 upto 1700 hrs for the above branches The important instructions for filling up of online applications are as follows:-
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class passing certificate. Any mismatch in names & date of birth in the application form is liable for rejection.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID/ CG Recruitment website.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC category applicants, either current or permanent address of online application/ E-Admit card should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC).
- In case of OBC non-creamy layer (NCL), the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below:-
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant- 01/2019 Batch.
- Select any one post to be applied from any one of the followings: – (aa) Commandant General Duty
(ab) Asst. Commandant General Duty (Pilot)
(ac) Asst. Commandant (Commercial Pilot License-SSA)
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
(v) Candidate have to upload the photograph and signature in jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button. No further changes can be made on successful submission of application.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card. Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/from 08 Jun to 24 Jun 2018 only. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip’, giving the cause of rejection with the ‘Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the e-Admit card with recent identical photograph with blue background(not older than 03 months) and to be carried at the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate / games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination Centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure.
Note-Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such Candidates.
* Last date for applying online: 01 June 2018 upto 5:00 PM
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure-
Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection-Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents:-
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online e-admit card form with recent colour passport size photo affixed (Not older than 03 months).
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 10th
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 12th
- Original degree certificate with all semesters/years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage of marks from university.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Adhaar Card, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per of India for OBC and State Govt. for SC & ST candidates (format available in www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in).
- Character certificate. (Should not be older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Current and valid Commercial Pilot License (issued & validated by DGCA) in original and flying log book for Asst Commandant CPL entry only.
- Final Selection-The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
- All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi.
- GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number, date and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection. The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Merit List. Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during first week of Jun 2018. The joining letters will be issued accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala is scheduled to commence in end Jun 2018.
Read Official Notification –
Click here to apply online- http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/
For more information and best guidance visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-1800-313-2004.