Indian Air Force IAF conducts AFCAT Air Force Common Entrance Test Exam that has open entry for both Male and Female Candidate as commissioned officer in
- Flying officer
- Ground duty (Technical Branch)
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical Branch)
This exam is conducted by IAF twice in a year as AFCAT is highly prestigious exam that opens glorious gateway for those who want to come out from the bed of roses and have desire to serve their youthfulness for county and countrymen’s. Updated AFCAT exam is coming on August 27th 2017 (Sunday) AFCAT is something that is renowned for its tough and highly competitive pattern since to qualify this exam the study pattern should be very strategic and goal oriented. Graduation is the minimum qualification for different branches but the educational criteria of some specific branch varies as like technically graduated for technical entry. The common sections include General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
Following topics are some Important topic for AFCAT exam that is needed to be done to cover all above categories.
- Numerical Ability and Reasoning
Percentage, Trains, Boats, Speed distance time, Ratio and proportions, Average, Simple interest, Compound interest, Profit and loss, Equations in 2 variables, Work
- Verbal Ability in English
Passage reading, Error, Synonym, Antonym, Jumble words, sentence completion
- General science
History, Current affair, Sports, National Awards, Books and authors, culture, Art, Politics, Civics, Basic Sciences, Geography, environment and Defence related questions from Satellite, Aircrafts, and Missiles
- For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking.
- The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
Important Topics for AFCAT Exam for EKT Exam
Aspirants want to apply for Flying branch and Ground duty for Technical Branch have to qualify EKT Engineering Knowledge Test. It will be a common test which is aimed at testing the Basic Engineering knowledge of the candidates applied for Aeronautical Engineering Courses. EKT has two parts Part A and Part B. The Part A will include General Engineering, There will be 40 Questions, the duration of the exam will be 1 hour while for Part B section there will be a specific paper for every different branch of engineering discipline that Part B contains 35 Questions.
EKT Syllabus for General Engineering:
Modern Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering etc. as according to their respective branch
Tips how to work on Important Topics for AFCAT Exam:
- Read journals of General knowledge with No specific requirement of subject, just an acquisition of general Knowledge that covers wide range of subjects.
- Develop habit of reading; Be updated with Political issues, sports, fashion, culture and diversity of India.
- Improve your daily routine, work on daily basis by involving your self in healthy group discussion and spend your precious time with magazines, books and journals take that line up for your perusal.
- Now days Television can reduce your efforts by proving directly the gain of general knowledge but keep on mind invest your enthusiasm and time in worthy way with positive energy.
- Practice makes men perfect this is the key to score well in Mathematical Numerical ability, parallel you have to work to improve English by working on verbal ability and grammar section.
Suggested books for well preparation and to polish up preparation at peek time before exam are: