GD is so important that you cannot neglect it. It is very important that how you are speaking and what you are speaking during discussion and it shows a lot your knowledge and personality. Having knowledge about current affairs leaves a good impact in Group discussion.
You can say that this is the language through which you communicate with your colleagues in the IAF.
However, it’s important to note that it all depends on our mind. Situation Reaction Test consists of 60 situations that must be completed in just 30 minutes.
In SRT, a candidate responds according to the daily life problem which he/she may encounter. The way the response comes from a candidate shows his common sense, time sense, reasoning ability, maturity and empathy.
The major quality assessed here is the decision-making ability.
Below given is the NEWLY UPDATED tips and tricks for Air force X & Y Group entrance examination.
GROUP DISCUSSION TIPS AND TRICKS –
- In a GD you are required to carefully listen to the other person’s thoughts and keep an argument, example or a supportive statement, fact, example ready to participate in the discussion. This shows how alert you are, how much importance you give to when someone is putting his or her point forward. This also shows how good listener you are, at time, things turn up to be a mess when you feel that what is being said is not making sense.
- Don’t get irritated. Remember that you need to be calm and composed. Many times, after a mess happening in a GD, candidates who are calm are selected.
- You need to be creative and have to put points that might amaze the panel.
- Remember, while working there are times when we need to find out solutions to the problem in a better way, thinking out of the box helps you finding smart and good solutions at times.
- As you are gathering thoughts, try to stick to precise and concise thoughts. Remember, when you are communicating, what is more important is what you are communicating rather than how much you are communicating.
- In a Group Discussion, it is always quality over quantity. Let your views be relevant and to the point. To a great extent, try to do some out-of-the-box thinking so that your view stands out from the rest.
- You may have excellent views on the topic but are you able to communicate them in an effective manner are the question. Here, is where your communication skills will come to your rescue.
- If you have good communication skills, well and good, or else you will have to work on developing the same. To develop communication skills, you can choose a topic, stand before the mirror and start talking about it. As you are talking, anticipate few questions from an imaginary audience and try replying them.
- Analyse what you are doing, try to spot flaws, if any, in your communication and then start working on them. This will help you come across as a confident person during the GD. On the day of the Group Discussion, your aim should be to collate your thoughts in a structured manner and put them across to the team and the assessors in an effective way.
IMPORTANT SKILLS THAT ARE IMPORANT TO HAVE IF YOU ARE PRESENT IN A GROUP DISCUSSION –
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Clarity over Ambiguity
- Divergent Thinking
- Listening skills
- Analytical / Logical skills
SITUATION REACTION TEST TIPS AND TRICKS –
- Listen to the instructions very carefully given by the person conducting the test.
- While Answering do not answer in First person. Generally, the questions are asked in second or third person.
- Time is an important factor in this test you can use. Use all the punctuations you can to neaten and shorten your answer.
- For psychology a lot of books not present in the market, so you have to depend on their own calibre,mainly you have to follow the positivity in your thoughts. One thing which is very important that you must steadfast on your own view because sometimes questions repeat their intension in different manner.
- Please do not skip any situation.
- Don’t be imaginary. This is the most important tip for SRT. Be realistic in your response and do not write responses that you have already mugged up or prepared. Don’t give Superman or Superhero kind of responses. Write your responses considering yourself as a normal human being.
- Writing speed matters a lot in all Psychological tests. So, keeping that in mind you should practice writing fast and legibly it will help you in other tests also not just SRT.
- Once the instructor orders you to stop writing then drop your pen then and there.
- Again, give meaning responses that make sense.
- Do not make incomplete sentences as they show a lack of responsibility and at the same time, keep the sentences short and meaningful.
- Do not forget your ethical and moral responsibilities towards the society and toward the victim.
- React quickly and act naturally. Write those responses that come to your mind first.
- Try to empathize with the situation in your responses while dealing with the ‘feeling of others’ and give response accordingly.
WHAT SHOULD A CANDIDATE DO TO TOP THE TEST ?
- Candidates must work to improve their all-round personalities. Once the personality has been improved the consistent quality of responses would also improve, thus enhancing the chances of selection.
- Candidates should work to improve their written English as it definitely impacts their selection.
- Some candidates are unnecessarily concerned about handwriting. It is no criterion for selection. This is not a primary school test!
Major Kalshi Classes Pvt Ltd wishes all the congratulations to the students qualifying the written exam. Remember, it is just the first step of the ladder. All you have to do now is to be confident and believe in yourself.