Air Force Common Admission Test is one of the most famous examination if you want to join Indian Air Force as an officer. It provides opportunity to join various branches of the Indian Air Force suiting to the educational qualification and interests of the candidates. Let’s check out some of the basic eligibility criteria-
- Age–there are different age criteria for different branches-
- Flying – 20-24 years.
- Technical – 20-26 years
- Ground duty – 20-26 years
- Educational Qualification– The educational qualification differs according to the branches which are given below-
- Flying branch– The candidates must possess degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks with Maths and Physics in 10+2 or should have completed B.tech/B.E. from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks.
- Technical branch– The candidates should possess Four year degree qualification with minimum 60% marks.
- Ground Duty– There are different sub branches in ground duty.
- Accounts branch-The candidates must have passed B.Com with minimum 60% marks
- Educational Branch-the candidates should have passed MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in following given sujects- English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International studies / Defence studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT / Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with minimum of 50% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in graduation.
- Administration and Logistics Branch– the candidates should have passed any degree with minimum 60% marks.
NOTE-Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses provided they fulfil the following conditions:- (a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of AFSB. (b) Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate issued by University.
- Selection Procedure–
- Afcat exam has common admission test for all the branches although one additional test is there for technical branch known as Engineering Knowledge Test
- After qualifying the written exam all the qualified candidates will be called for AFSB at various Air Force selection centers.
AFCAT-II 2017 important date-
|Announcement of notification||May 2017|
|Last date to apply online||June 2017|
|Exam date||September 2017|
|Date of announcement of result||October 2017|
Click here for official notification-To be activated soon…
Click here to apply online- To be activated soon…